- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 Hours
2020 teaching periods
|HT4 Term 4|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Unit previously named Managing IT Enabled Transformation.
This unit provides an understanding of the role of information technology in organisational transformation, innovation and renewal. For businesses to harness the benefits of digital innovation they must first understand the potential of new systems and platforms to transform business by generating new ideas, creating new business opportunities, providing new sources of advantage and changing the ways businesses operate. Students will investigate the key issues facing business managers and IT leaders in enabling IT innovation and transformation; develop approaches for embedding a culture of innovation in organisations; and apply frameworks for planning, developing and implementing Information Technology (IT) programs that support business transformation.
Students who successfully complete this unit, will be able to:
1. Demonstrate coherent and advanced knowledge of the key issues in business transformation that are enabled by information technology innovation and change.
2. Critically analyse the impacts of IT innovation and socio-economic change on businesses in different markets, industries and sectors.
3. Critically evaluate the strategies, methods and approaches used by organisations to develop innovation programs and support IT enabled transformation.
4. Research and apply frameworks and methods of IT innovation and transformation for managing new technologies in organisations.