- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit provides the core concepts of price theory and microeconomics for professional managers. As understanding economic principles is an essential skill for competitive advantage, this unit provides students with the knowledge of rational micro- and macro- frameworks that are necessary for understanding how the economy works and the rationale for government intervention.
2. Critically analyse economic policy to solve contemporary business problems
3. Apply economic principles to analyse and interpret a range of economic and policy outcomes to find solutions for real world business problems
4. Apply micro- and macro- economic frameworks and to facilitate decision making and resource allocation
Unit information in detail
- Teaching methods, assessment and content.
Hours per week
Number of Weeks
On Campus Class Block Teaching
Unspecified Activities Independent Learning
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULOs)
- Price Theory analysis
- Resource allocation
- Theory of the firm, competition and regulatory frameworks in different markets
- Economic Value
- Government policy and government
- Reading materials.