Aims and objectives
This unit covers the skills and knowledge required to manage financial performance in an organisation or business unit.
Leaders in business are typically required to forecast future financial resource needs, analyse current asset performance and capacity to a standard expected in a commercial environment, and to set business targets. There will be a requirement to manage compliance mechanisms, to manage financial risk within agreed plans and mechanisms, and to monitor compliance with financial projections.
This unit will have specific relevance for leaders or managers working in a competitive commercial environment.
Upon completion of this unit participants will be able to:
- prepare a financial resource plan/budget
- monitor and manage financial resources over a full planning cycle
- effectively communicate financial reports and operational execution
- apply adjustments to changing circumstances and respond to unusual situations
- apply relevant legislation