- One Teaching Period or Equivalent
- 36 Hours
Aims and objectives
This unit will provide an overview of the corporate, fiduciary, contract, intellectual property, employment and securities law issues encountered by start-ups and early stage companies. The unit aims to equip students with a secure foundation in legal issues by developing an understanding of national and international legal frameworks. In tandem with legal issues, students will examine the types of negotiations, styles and best practice in global negotiations.
After successfully completing this unit, you will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of legal issues that confront an entrepreneur at the various stages of growth and development of the business to solve problems with independence.
2. Critically analyse the various legal instruments that an entrepreneur can utilise when starting and growing a business.
3. Apply problem solving methodologies to contemporary local, regional, national and global challenges of doing business.
4. Critically analyse and practice negotiations skills that will be required during the various stages of development of the entrepreneurial firm.
5. Work collectively in groups to analysing, presenting and applying a range of legal issues that occur at the various stages of business growth.