- One Semester or equivalent
- 12.5 hours per week
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
Aims and objectives
This unit gives students an inspirational and engaging educational experience at the commencement of their business or criminal justice degrees. Infused with real world examples, the unit aims to develop an understanding of innovation frameworks, while developing confidence and capability in communicating online within professional and academic settings. The unit focuses on innovation, communication, self-awareness and professional identity and provides students with an opportunity to reflect on their personal development.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Identify the reasons for academic integrity, and use the tools and processes to ensure its effective application
2. Demonstrate professional communication skills in order to effectively articulate an idea and convince others of its merit
3. Apply innovation frameworks to evaluate a social need and/or problem and offer a potential solution
4. Identify personal strengths to develop a personal and professional brand and identity