- One Semester or equivalent
- 60 hours face to face at campus 48 hours Physiotherapy Business WIL throughout semester
2021 teaching periods
|HT3 Term 3|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
PrerequisitesAdmission to MA-PHYS Master of Physiotherapy
Aims and objectives
This unit provides students with the opportunity to gain insight into the Physiotherapy profession and the role of the contemporary Physiotherapist within the health care system. Students will engage with leaders in the profession who have transformed industry and driven innovation in healthcare. Students will evaluate and explore how they “lead self” to enable confident and enterprising learning by engaging with tools to identify their individual motivators, strengths and opportunities to develop resilience and confidence. They will participate in a mentoring program with confident and enterprising physiotherapists who create social and economic impact.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Distinguish and evaluate the effective communication skills and attributes of leaders and managers within the physiotherapy community.
2. Examine and prioritise the legal and professional requirements for entry in the physiotherapy profession.
3. Explain the scope of practise, duty of care, relevant policies/guidelines and accreditation/registration requirements of their profession.
4. Develop, critically reflect and evaluate “Knowing Self” by engaging in profiling and working in partnership with mentors.
5. Explore characteristics, mindset and skills of entrepreneurs while demonstrating ethical conduct, and self-reflect on how this can be applied in their own situation
6. Research and apply reflection of “Knowing Self” to identify motivators, enablers, and opportunities for development.