- One Semester or equivalent
- Nil Hours
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Aims and objectives
At the conclusion of this subject students should have a good understanding of the broader issues affecting air transportation at international and local level for both government and operators of services. Additionally, students should gain sufficient insights into wider business issues relating to this highly regulated and complex industry.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Discuss the significance of the Chicago Convention, identifying and explaining the major outcomes of the convention
2. Explain ways in which the Chicago Convention impacts the operations of all air transport with particular emphasis on the responsibilities of signatory States
3. Identify and discuss the economic and technical regulations and standards pertaining to organisations within the air transport industry
4. Verify the key operational components of both passenger and cargo transport operations and explain their significance to the safety of flight
5. Quantify and interpret financial measures of performance, control and accountability within the air transport industry
6. Describe the characteristics of markets and marketing concepts and strategies with regard to the management of airlines and airports
7. Demonstrate through individual written communications specialised knowledge with regard to technical and regulatory concepts and practices in the air transport industry.