Aims and objectives
How you will benefit
- Learn how to accurately explain to the work team, relevant provisions of WHS Acts, regulations and codes of practice.
- Provide information about the organisation’s WHS policies, procedures and programs, and ensure it is readily accessible to and understandable by the work team.
- Learn how to regularly provide and clearly explain to the work team, information about identified hazards and the outcomes of risk assessment and control.
- Communicate to workplace parties the importance of effective consultation mechanisms in managing health and safety risks in the workplace.
- Apply consultation procedures to facilitate participation of the work team in managing work area hazards.
- Promptly deal with issues raised through consultation, according to organisational consultation procedures and WHS legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Promptly record and communicate to the work team the outcomes of consultation over WHS issues.
- Identify WHS training needs according to organisational requirements, and WHS legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Learn how to make arrangements to meet WHS training needs of team members in consultation with relevant individuals.
- Provide workplace learning opportunities, and coaching and mentoring assistance, to facilitate team and individual achievement of identified WHS training needs.
- Identify and report to management the costs associated with providing training for work team, for inclusion in financial and management plans.
What will be covered
- Provide information to the work team about WHS policies and procedures.
- Implement and monitor participation arrangements for managing WHS.
- Implement and monitor organisational procedures for providing WHS training.