- 1 Semester
- Class meetings of 12 hours over the semester in addition to 2 days per week for up to 12 weeks of relevant experiential learning in an approved external IT host organisation.
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
100 Credit Points
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
- Demonstrate improved awareness of a range of issues associated with professional practice in the area of IT project management
- Identify appropriate courses of action when confronted with organisational issues related to IT project management
- Recognise the need for further develop professional and personal skills based on their experiences in this industry placement
- Apply their practical skills and theoretical knowledge into an IT industry context
- Develop their understanding of business processes and organisational structures
- Develop professional contacts and networks within the IT industry
Courses with unit
** Students nominate the Internship Project Unit at re-enrolment or add it via an amendment to enrolment, but please note this is a merit-based unit and until the selection process is finalised enrolment is provisional only. If you are unsuccessful in obtaining a place in the Internship Project Unit you will be required to withdraw from the unit and select another unit.
Internship Project website