- One semester/teaching period
- 48 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2022 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 1|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
The unit provides students with the skills to review advanced techniques in cognitive neuroscience and apply these particularly to the understanding of the human brain and behaviours. It also provides knowledge of the neurophysiology and associated behavioural processes for motivation (goal directed behaviours), memory, and language.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critique techniques in cognitive neuroscience with an advanced understanding of brain and higher cognition.
2. Classify the pathophysiological processes associated with disorders of higher cortical function.
3. Evaluate scientific literature to effectively critique findings associated with empirical research.
4. Conduct work as a group member to synthesise and deliver a seminar presentation on an experimental journal article.
5. Produce scientific reports and literature reviews to publication standard.
Courses with unitBA-HSC1 Bachelor of Health Science
BA-HSCPROF Bachelor of Health Science (Professional)
BB-HSCBUS Bachelor of Health Science / Bachelor of Business
BB-HSCMCMN Bachelor of Health Science / Bachelor of Media and Communication
BB-HSCSCI Bachelor of Health Science / Bachelor of Science