- One Semester or equivalent
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit addresses the governance strategy and leadership needs of business and social enterprises in Australia. It examines the fundamental purpose, strategic vision and values of organisations, as approved by the organisation’s board of directors. It investigates the form, content and processes by which a board of directors approves a company’s purpose, strategy and values and how it monitors, measures, assesses and reports on the implementation of these requirements. The unit equips students with knowledge and understanding of how board strategy, ethics, and culture form part of corporate governance.
1. Critically evaluate and apply governance strategy and corporate leadership in various organisation types
2. Apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a strategic governance framework of a governance charter for an organisation, drawing on a range of sources and stakeholder perspectives, justifying its applicability to that particular organisation
3. Reflect on the characteristics of the board in setting its governance strategy and examine the behaviour of the board of directors as a social system
4. Research an organisation’s approach to corporate strategy and leadership and building a sustainable governance strategy for its organisation, making recommendations for improvement and measurement of effectiveness.
5.Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences