- One Semester
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to prepare students to plan and teach in their discipline context and builds upon the learning from the prior methods unit within this specialization. Students will undertake guided and independent investigations to further their knowledge and skills in planning, teaching and assessing in this curriculum area
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Investigate and critically examine pedagogical approaches in teaching and learning of the subject area in the secondary context.
3. Critically analyse plans of lessons and units of work using the structure and content of relevant curriculum documents.
4. Critically compare a range of assessment strategies in terms of their purpose, benefits, limitations and implementation constraints.
5. Critically evaluate principles and strategies for reporting student achievement and design a range of record keeping instruments.
6. Undertake independent study to further knowledge and skills in this curriculum area.