- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
37.5 credit points for students enrolled in MA-IT1 or MA-ITPC1
Aims and objectives
This unit builds the knowledge and skills required to adapt key business strategic planning tools, enterprise architecture frameworks and governance approaches to real world business scenarios. IT managers must provide systems and platforms that enable organisations to deliver their strategic objectives. IT managers 1) need to understand strategic planning tools and approaches, 2) be able to adapt existing architecture frameworks to design and deliver the new enterprise architecture, and 3) establish project governance approaches that will ensure the required programs of technology projects deliver the expected strategic benefits.
1. Demonstrate advanced knowledge of IS strategy concepts, enterprise architecture tools and frameworks and governance approaches.
2. Critically analyse how these competencies can be integrated into an organisational IS/ IT portfolio using enterprise architecture
3. Critically evaluate enterprise architecture frameworks including their approaches, principles and assumptions as tools for designing an organisational IS/IT portfolio
4. Demonstrate a critical understanding of the importance and impact of governance as a tool for aligning enterprise architecture and organisational strategy
5. Communicate effectively in group situation which simulates a real world business presentation and function as an effective member or leader of a team