- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2023 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 1
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Prerequisites100 credit points
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to introduce you to managerial principles so that you can function effectively and efficiently in modern organisational roles within a changing environment.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
After successfully completing this unit, you should be able to:
1. Analyse organisations and compare and contrast them in terms of their management decision
making, structure and strategy, along with the environments in which they operate. (K5, S2, A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, A7)
2. Apply and relate basic project management concepts to a given project. (K6, S1, S4, A2, A6, A7)
3. Describe and appreciate the concepts of organisational behaviour, team dynamics and an understanding of self and other people. (K5, A2, A6, A7)
4. Apply tools to manage and evaluate a project, including the Critical Path Method (CPM). (S1, S2, S4, A2, A6)
5. Describe the fundamentals of safety, compensation process, risk management and sustainability. (K6, S1, A1, A4, A5)
Swinburne Engineering Competencies (A1-7, K1-6, S1-4): find out more about Engineering Skills and Competencies including the Engineers Australia Stage 1 Competencies.