This unit of study aims to provide you with an introduction to the physics of energy and motion emphasising their applications and importance for further studies in engineering or physics.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
After successfully completing this unit, you should be able to:
1. Identify the symbols and units for a wide range of physical quantities, and describe their definitions. (K1)
2. Discuss the basic principles underlying the physics of energy and motion using both written and oral communication. (K1, K2, A2)
3. Apply the principles of energy and motion to solve conceptual and numerical problems in simple systems, and to understand real-world phenomena. (K1, K2, S2)
4. Safely execute experiments, analyse and interpret results and errors, and formulate conclusions as part of a team. (K1, K2, S1, A7)
5. Generate high quality individual reports. (K1, K2, S1, A2)