Aims and objectives
How you will benefit
- Completing this unit provides a credit transfer to TAEASS502 - Design and develop assessment tools, a new core unit for TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
- Completing this unit will guide you on how to collect suitable evidence in the assessment process. It includes the specific instruments for collecting evidence, as well as providing information about assessment methods and the procedures to be followed in conducting the assessment.
What will be covered
- Determine the focus of your assessment tool, considering the candidates, standard required, and legal requirements
- Converting competency standards to meaningful assessment instruments
- How to select the right assessment method
- How to design the assessment tool, including developing specific procedures and how they integrate with assessment policy and procedure
- Reviewing, trialling and adapting the tool