- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to develop students’ conceptual and practical understanding of the field of data analytics in the contexts of real-world applications. The students will gain the understanding of how to identify and define data science relevant tasks in practical scenarios, and acquire the ability to apply given techniques and tools to resolve given data analytics relevant tasks.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Implement and justify an appropriate data model for specific requirements
2. Initiate statistical methods to test a hypothesis
3. Analyse data to identify trends, insights, and make recommendations
4. Articulate results to stakeholders through visualisations