- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to develop students’ conceptual and practical understanding of the field of data analytics in the contexts of real-world applications. The students will learn about basic concepts, techniques and popular tools in various aspects of data analytics, following the lifecycle of a practical data analytics project which involves data collection, wrangling, analytics and visualisation.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Exhibit advanced data analysis processes using Python programming
2. Articulate relevant data analytics use cases using different Python libraries
3. Present exploratory visualisations using Python