- One Semester or equivalent
- 24 hours face to face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to instruct students on the fundamental principles of information visualisation. Students will develop the ability to create visualisations that empower users to understand real-world data sets.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Exhibit fundamental data analytics techniques to transform, analyse and report on insights about datasets, using spreadsheet and database tools
2. Critically evaluate strategic priorities to support the implementation of dashboards and increase the level of data-driven decision making in an organisation
3. Present diagnostic analysis, and create and interpret prescriptive models to influence future organisational requirements
4. Evaluate the ethical and social issues of applying data analytics techniques in specific organisational contexts