- One Semester or equivalent
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Enrolment in a post-graduate degree
DDD40011 DFM: Global Innovation & Interdisciplinary Collaboration 1
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Evaluate and apply globally relevant research methods to understand, re-frame and inform creative problem solving for a complex project.
2. Choose prototyping innovation techniques, to develop and test design solutions that respond to a challenging project brief that is contextualised globally.
3. Support to an innovation culture through inclusive decision making, open mind-set and empathetic approaches to collaboration activities across different cultures.
4. Justify and produce tangible design proposals that create value by considering technical, human and economic implications.
5. Employ various communication techniques to effectively rationalise outcomes from different stages of project development to relevant stakeholders.
6. Appraise and apply appropriate project management and communication tools for collaboration involving global partnerships.
Courses with unit
This unit will be offered for the final time Semester 2, 2021