- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit aims to further develop knowledge of current and future operating technology, this will allow a more seamless transition from Commercial Pilot Licence (Aeroplane) to ATPL Multi-crew operations for future flight crew and provide an insight into the implementation and operational issues for future aviation managers.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this Unit will be able to:
1. Describe the environmental, operational, procedural and personal factors that impact on Airline new technology operations
2. Describe current and future navigation methods and procedures
3. Explain the concept of Required Navigation Performance
4. Explain and discuss the enhanced safety, financial and improved operations given by future technology operations.
5. Analyse risk during and post technology implementation
6. Practise effectively in a team to develop and present an oral and written business case for the introduction of new technology.