- 36 hours (3 hours per week)
Aims and objectives
The aim of this unit is to allow students to develop the research skills to produce a creative product that is theoretically rigorous.
- Develop the students’ insights into methodologies such as Practice-led Research as it applies to the development and production of a media related project
- Canvass different strategies based on a further understanding of the planning process for thinking about and problem-solving in the production of a creative product
- Offer supervisory support to students as they further develop their critical and analytical skills
- Provide a number of approaches to formal academic writing and creative or professional writing and build upon those introduced in earlier subjects
- Provide students with further insights into how they might more extensively develop and critique in a more focused way
Following the successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Identify and pursue successful strategies for researching and planning a major piece of writing and working autonomously.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the exegesis, theory and praxis in relation to the production of a creative/original artefact through critical analyses of exegetical writing
- Demonstrate a high order of skill in analysis, critical evaluation and/or professional application through the execution of project work or a piece of scholarship or research
- Articulate insights into the strengths and weaknesses of their personal approach to research and writing and to the role of practice-led research in relation to their own creative production process.
Courses with unit
This unit is being replaced by MDA60019 Networking, Promotion and Entrepreneurship