- 1 Semester or equivalentThis unit will be delivered on-line in Semester 2 2020.
- 48 Hours
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Basic familiarity with any procedural programming language
Aims and objectives
This unit introduces the technology of the World Wide Web and concepts of Client-Server computing. Students will develop dynamic, data-driven web sites using a both client and server-side programming languages.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Describe the role of networking in the context of web including tools to configure web clients and servers
2. Demonstrate the use of mark up and presentation languages in creating web pages
3. Demonstrate the use of server scripting and database access to create data driven webpages
4. Describe the interaction between components of a web application, and comment on issues related to privacy, security, and commercial and social issues