- One Semester or equivalent
- 48 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this unit is to introduce engineering students to the basic knowledge, skills, & attitude required by contract administrators of construction projects, particularly the activities of documentation & communication.
Unit Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Interpret and assess the quality of contract documentation prior to construction commencement.
2. Appreciate and administer site operations, contracts and occupational health and safety (OH&S) in construction projects
3. Define and use relevant contract terminology and communicate with the various personnel involved in construction projects
4. Interpret and apply relevant communication and documentation for contract administration and OH&S in typical construction site operations
5. Able to conduct site meetings and prepare required documentation for construction site operations