- One Semester or equivalent
- 72 hours Face to Face + Blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit of study sets out the knowledge and skills required to apply Computer Aided Drafting using 2D techniques for engineering applications. This includes complex and advanced applications of Computer Aided Drafting systems.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
On successful completion of this module the learner will be able to:
1. Prepare and generate professional engineering drawings using a common CAD software according to engineering standards (K2, S1, S2, A2)
2. Demonstrate the use of basic 3D CAD drawings for engineering design (K2, S1, A2, K5)
3. Demonstrate the ability to use CAD for engineering design projects (A2, A4, K5)
4. Demonstrate ability to communicate engineering design outcomes using produced CAD drawings (A2, A4, A7)