- 1 Semester
- 36 Hours
Aims and objectives
This unit enhances the students’ understanding and application of project documentation using computer-generated drawings software to document and manage a design project for different stakeholders. By researching precedent design projects, students will learn the principles of documenting product and interior spaces to a professional standard. This will include two-dimensional and three-dimensional drawings, managing layers, graphic composition, layout and printing from Computer Aided Drawing (CAD) and graphic programs.
1. Identify the key principles of parametric 3D solid modelling
2. Interpret existing CAD data for 3D solid modelling
3. Determine appropriate solid modelling tools to accurately depict a range of geometric forms and simple product details in parametric CAD
4. Apply principles of engineering drawing convention to their technical drawing in accordance with AS1100 standards using CAD software
5. Develop 3D CAD models of interiors or components that can output drawing documentation.
Courses with unit
Master of Design
This unit will be offered for the final time Semester 1 2021