- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit focuses on business analytics and visualisation, equipping students with the relevant data analytics and visualisation skills required to solve the complex data problems of modern businesses. Students will have the opportunity to learn about evidence based decision-making, online analytical processing, big data, data visualisations and various tools and techniques to perform descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics and their application in various domains.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate the concept of business analytics and visualisation and its application in various organisational contexts.
2. Critically evaluate the concepts of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics and apply the appropriate data analytics tools and techniques to implement business analytics strategy.
3. Apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to resolve complex data problems.
4. Research and evaluate the effect of big data, unstructured data, stream analysis and text analytics.