- One Semester or equivalent
2020 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
PrerequisitesACC20013 Company Accounting
Aims and objectives
The broad aim of this unit is to familiarise students with the underlying concepts and objectives of auditing and the subsequent reporting function of the auditor. The unit covers both theoretical and practical aspects of auditing and in particular aims to integrate the concepts of auditing with practical approaches taken by the auditor to ensure students gain a complete picture of the audit process.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Examine the nature and purpose of auditing within the regulatory auditing environment
2. Research, compose and report on critical and current topics in auditing
3. Work collaboratively in a team environment, to achieve set goals and illustrate knowledge of auditing
4. Explain the audit process and the need for financial report audits
Courses with unit
This is a unit of study in the Bachelor of Business suite of courses.