On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
Aims and objectives
This unit develops professional coaching skills and practices required to provide effective coaching services to clients. Coaching to implement learning establishes a collaborative partnership and supports the developmental needs of executives and senior professionals to enhance their performance and build capability in the organisation.
Upon completion of this unit participants will be able to:
- Improve professional practice by building self-awareness through the use of a range of theoretical and evidence-based models, external sources and structured input
- Apply evidence-based models, tools and techniques to improve effectiveness and uniqueness in practice
- Establish client expectations and goals with measures for success
- Review client needs and establish goals and outcome measures that are aligned to individual and organisational goals
- Generate trust and confidence in the coaching process and client relationship by demonstrating a high standard of professionalism
- Maintain an open and fluent communication with the client, listen deeply and apply a wide range of questions to facilitate insight, identify hidden assumptions, blind-spots and biases
- Empower clients to develop their awareness of their current level of performance relative to organisational needs
- Facilitate client awareness of patterns of thought, actions and feelings affecting work performance
- Challenge and motivate clients appropriately in order to achieve goals