- One Semester or equivalent
- Nil Hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning. For Online unit delivery, learning is conducted exclusively online.
2021 teaching periods
|Higher Ed. Semester 2|
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
Unit Learning Outcomes
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Provide an overview of the major issues and challenges facing airline and airport management in Australia
2. Interpret the outcomes from the Chicago Convention and in particular the purpose, outcomes and requirements of Annexes 6, 16 and 17.
3. Identify and describe the economic and technical regulations and standards pertaining to organisations within the air transport industry
4. Distinguish between the elements and processes of certification, airworthiness and operational control
5. Describe the system and legal framework for determining international traffic rights
6. Demonstrate through individual written communications specialised knowledge with regard to technical and regulatory and legal concepts and practices in the air transport industry.
Courses with unit
Master of Aviation (Management)