- 1 semester
- 72 hours
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
PrerequisitesAdmission into the Masters of Social Science (Professional Counselling) (or equivalent) or MA-COUADV Master of Counselling (Advanced), AND
PSC60011, PSC60012, PSC60013, PSC60014
PSC70002, PSC70009, PSC70015, PSC70017
Aims and objectives
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Appraise family systems and transgenerational theory.
2. Apply principles of family systems assessment and intervention.
3. Integrate family therapy approaches with other major counselling approaches.
4. Evaluate the impact of culture diversity on family therapy.
5. Integrate an understanding of the impact of childhood sexual abuse, trauma and mental illness into family therapy interventions.
Courses with unit
Students enrolled into the Master of Social Science (Professional Counselling) or MA-COUADV Master of Counselling (Advanced), delivered in Singapore will receive a certificate of completion for this elective unit.