- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 Hours
2019 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
5 Aug 19 – 3 Nov 19
Results: 10 Dec 19
Last self enrolment: 11 Aug 19
Census: 31 Aug 19
Last withdraw without fail: 20 Sep 19
Aims and objectives
From 2016, COS80007 to replace COS30005 for all students UG and PG level.
This unit aims to introduce students to contemporary Java frameworks in developing interactive client programs.
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:1. Explain the advantages of the contemporary Java frameworks over traditional ones, and how they enhance the development of software applications
2. Discuss strategies and issues for integrating the contemporary and traditional Java frameworks in software development
3. Use the contemporary Java frameworks to create interactive client programs
4. Explain and apply the Java functional programming framework in software development
5. independently research topics in Java applications, especially new features, to experiment with them and report and present on them.