- One semester
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
2024 teaching periods
Higher Ed. Semester 2
Last self enrolment:
Last withdraw without fail:
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to cover the skills and knowledge required to plan, design and integrate an electrical machine. The student will learn to research and use: manufacturers’ datasheets; technical drawings; relevant documentation; and, perform calculations to safely and competently carry out the tasks of design and integration of an electrical machine.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply mathematics to formulate solutions to solve problems in solving electrical system problems.
2. Apply Advanced AC circuit Theory to analyse and design an electrical machine.
3. Identify, analyse and evaluate power conversion and control techniques to interface with an electrical machine.
4. Research, collaborate, analyse and evaluate the safety and compliance requirements of an electrical machine.
5. Design, program and integrate an electrical machine system.