- One semester
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Aims and objectives
This unit of study aims to cover the skills and knowledge required to analyse, design and integrate an advanced digital control system. The student will learn to research and use: manufacturers’ datasheets; technical drawings, relevant documentation, and, perform calculations to safely and competently carry out the tasks of design and integration of an advanced digital control system.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
1. Apply mathematics to formulate solutions to solve problems in a digital control system.
2. Identify, program and integrate smart sensors.
3. Apply the principles of pneumatics and hydraulics to identify, and analyse a digital control system.
4. Apply the principles of control systems theory to provide solutions to a digital control system problem in a collaborative manner.
5. Develop an entrepreneurial mindset and skill set to bring products to market