- One Semester or equivalent
- 36 hours face to face + blended
On-campus unit delivery combines face-to-face and digital learning.
Before enrolling in this unit you must also be enrolled in the same unit with CPA Australia as part of their CPA Program.
Aims and objectives
This unit provides a body of knowledge to understand the nature and diversity of audit and assurance engagements. The unit provides an insight on audit and assurance processes, the methodologies and procedures. It also examines the objectives of assurance engagements and current and future developments in assurance engagements. The environment within which the auditor or assurance practitioner operates, and the respective roles of the private and public-sector auditors and internal audit, are also discussed This unit integrates the materials from the CPA Program Professional Level segment titled Advanced Audit and Assurance and prepares students for the CPA examination. This is a core unit in the Master of Professional Accounting (CPA Specialisation) degree.
Unit Learning Outcomes (ULO)
Students who successfully complete this unit will be able to:
2. Critically analyse the quality control standards for audit and assurance engagements, and the fundamental ethical principles for the auditing profession
3. Demonstrate coherent and advanced knowledge of the requirements of the audit, review and assurance standards that are applicable to audit and review engagements and assurance engagements (other than audits or reviews)
4. Apply the relevant auditing standards to the assessment for fraud and going concern in an audit of financial statements
5. Communicate proficiently and in professional practice and act as a leader or member of a team