This is a nationally approved unit of competency that is recognised throughout Australia
This first aid course teaches advanced first-aid resuscitation techniques and life support (HLTAID007 Provide Advanced Resuscitation). You will also learn how to manage casualties until the arrival of medical or other assistance, and provide support to other first aid providers.
The course will enable you to:
- update competencies learnt in Provide First Aid and Provide Advanced First Aid
- receive any new first aid information or policy changes that may affect your work as a first aid practitioner
- practise use of problem-solving skills and work in cooperation with others
- refresh your competencies on a limited range of specialised additional equipment
- broaden your knowledge base into associated areas of workplace health and safety.
The following unit is delivered as part of a skill-set SS-ADVRES:
- Provide Advanced Resuscitation (HLTAID007)
Upon successful completion of these units, participants will receive a statement of attainment.
First aiders should attend training on a regular basis to refresh their first aid knowledge and skills and to confirm their competence to provide first aid. Refresher training in CPR should be undertaken annually and first aid qualifications should be renewed every three years (Safework Australia).
Limited places left for 2018!
It’s time to stop thinking, start doing, and step into study. You could be joining your dream course soon. Don't miss out. Apply now!
This course is delivered by Swinburne Professional. Our courses enable you to move forward in your career with the confidence that comes from knowing your skills are in demand.