Micro Unit - FinTech Toolkit: strategic decision making and intelligent practices
This micro-unit focuses on key strategies aiming at equipping students with the relevant strategic thinking and decision-making skills required to make strategic decisions on emerging financial technologies and disruptive FinTech ventures. You will have the opportunity to learn about the key strategies and frameworks global financial services organisations utilise in order to differentiate themselves, along with, determining the role data-driven financial technologies can play in creating value for an organisation and helping an organisation stay ahead of FinTech disruption.
Who should attend?
Anyone looking to enhance their knowledge in financial technologies.
40 hours(see Course Details section)
Part-time, Live online
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Microcredential - Frontiers in Fintech
Gain credit for the matched unit FIN60006 Frontiers in Fintech at higher education courses that this unit forms part of.
For more information, contact us on 1800 633 560.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
Topics covered in this Microcredential unit:
- Realising value from data and API-enabled ecosystems.
- Enabling the strategoc competitive advantage of emerging technologies in financial services.
- Discoverning and managing organisational responses to disruptive FinTech trends and developing ‘out-of-the-box’ tooling and strategies.
- Individual assignment
Further study and pathways
Completing this Micro unit with the assessment will provide 2 Micro credits towards completing a Microcredential.
This unit is one of three Micro units that equate to FIN60006 Frontiers in Fintech. Completing all three Micro units listed below will result in completing the FIN60006 unit that will provide a unit exemption towards your higher education learning.
Live Online = 8 hours
Online (directed online learning) = 4 hours
Unspecified Learning Activities (Independent learning) = 28 hours
Students who successfully complete this Microcredential will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the role of intelligent automation and data-led financial technologies in conjunction with the right organisational capabilities required for strategic decision making of FinTech evolutionary transformation.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop a holistic FinTech innovation roadmap to reach strategic priorities, as well as catalyse, capitalise and monetise transformative innovation, sustainable growth and transient competitive advantage.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059