Micro Unit - Engaging the Followers for Creativity and Innovation
This Microcredential unit focuses on engaging followers in the context of organisational creativity and innovation. You will examine the factors that underpin productive leader-follower relationships, focussing on the conditions that foster trust and a climate of psychological safety.
Who should attend?
For those seeking to understand how to engage a team and tap into their creativity and understand personal motivations.
40 hours(see Course Details section)
Face-to-face, Live online
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Microcredential - Leadership for Innovation
Gain credit for the matched unit MGT80009 Leadership for Innovation at higher education courses that this unit forms part of.
For more information, contact us on 1800 633 560.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
Topics covered in this Microcredential unit:
- The role of leaders in creating trust and psychological safety in an innovation workplace.
- Leadership practices that catalyse followers’ prosocial and proactive behaviours.
- Developing authentic leader-member exchange and identity.
- Individual assignment
Further study and pathways
Completing this Micro unit with the assessment will provide 2 Micro credits towards completing a Microcredential.
This unit is one of three Micro units that equate to MGT80005 Leadership for Innovation. Completing all three Micro units listed below will result in completing the MGT80005 unit that will provide a unit exemption towards your higher education learning.
MGTM00002 Developing the Leaders for Innovative Organisations
MGTM00003 Engaging the Followers for Creativity and Innovation
MGTM00004 Shaping the Context for Innovative Organisations
Live Online = 8 hours
Online (directed online learning) = 4 hours
Unspecified Learning Activities (Independent learning) = 28 hours
Students who successfully complete this Microcredential will be able to:
- Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as leaders of innovation in organisational settings.
- Critically analyse the role of individuals in building an organisational environment that has creativity and innovation at its core.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Microcredential Overview - Leadership for Innovation
Download this document as a quick overview of the Microcredential and explaining how it works.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059