Micro Unit - Buisness Analytics
This micro-unit focuses on business analytics and equipping you with the relevant data analytics skills required to solve the complex data problems of modern businesses. You will have the opportunity to learn about evidence based decision-making, online analytical processing, big data and various tools and techniques to perform descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics and their application in various domains.
Who should attend?
Anyone looking to enhance their knowledge of business analytics and visualisation.
40 hours(see Course Details section)
Part-time, Live online
(unless stated, Swinburne Professional courses do not attract GST)
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
Topics covered in this Microcredential unit:
- Marketing analytics, financial analytics, sports analytics, geospatial analytics, security analytics, health analytics, SNA, and various other advances in business analytics.
- Use of and value of analytics in Business divisions, management functions, different management levels, performance management Privacy, ethical and legal issues related to business analytics
- Individual assignment
Further study and pathways
Completing this Micro unit with the assessment will provide 2 Micro credits towards completing a Microcredential.
This unit is one of three Micro units that equate to INF70008 Business Analytics and Visualisation. Completing all three Micro units listed below will result in completing the INF70008 unit that will provide a unit exemption towards your higher education learning.
INFM00003 Strategic Planning of Business Analytics Projects
INFM00004 Data Visualisation
INFM00005 Business Analytics
Live Online = 8 hours
Online (directed online learning) = 4 hours
Unspecified Learning Activities (Independent learning) = 28 hours
Students who successfully complete this Microcredential will be able to:
- Critically evaluate the concepts of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics and their application in various organisational contexts.
- Select/recommend appropriate data analytics tools and techniques to implement a business analytics strategy.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059