We negotiate every single day. People often associate negotiation with big discussions and projects with a lot at stake. But you do negotiations on a daily basis. From being assertive with your own managers as you manage your workloads, to negotiating with external suppliers and saying ‘yes’ or ‘no’ to attending meetings, everyday negotiation is often forgotten.
This one-day negotiation skills course teaches you how to negotiate for both the big and little outcomes. You come away with increased confidence, clarity of negotiation purpose, and influencing skills to manage your future negotiations.
Many people don’t know where to start and think they negotiate badly. This course gives you a framework with goals and objectives, a place to start and the vigour to know that your negotiations are as strong as possible. The common ground is that you are seeking to understand human behaviour when it comes to negotiating and improve your communication strategies to achieve your objectives.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone wanting to develop their negotiating and influencing skills.
Every international student application is considered for a scholarship
Whether you’re living in Australia or overseas, you’re automatically considered for a scholarship of up to 30% off your course fees. Please check our updated entry requirements.
Short Course Outline - Negotiation Skills
Download this course brochure for more information about the short course. This can also be given to your employer to pitch for funding or support of your program.
“I really enjoyed the way [the facilitator] presented the whole workshop. It was very interactive in a fun and relatable way which really engaged the whole group."
Swinburne Live Online Short Courses and Qualifications
Our Live Online training is delivered to you live, providing similar interactions as face to face training with the benefits of remote access. The training is delivered through video conferencing and discussion board platforms. Workshops are broken into interactive video sessions, including presentations and distribution of materials and discussion board based activities.
Our Live Online delivery
Our Live Online delivery is a dynamic, engaging and interactive way to learn remotely. It’s just like face to face but with the added benefits of digital technology. Your facilitator will present in real-time, and you will be able to participate in group discussions and collaborate on exercises and group activities using our interactive platforms.
Find out more about what we offer >>
- Course delivery, learning objectives and benefits.
In this one day Negitations Skills short course, you gain a framework for the perfect negotiation. You’ll learn how to remove emotions from the process, when to walk away, how to close the deal, common errors to avoid, and a range of planning and communication skills that will take your negotiations to the next level.
In this negotiation course you will learn the skills to:
- Identify the power of words.
- Learn the art of strategy and diplomacy in negotiation.
- Identify common errors in negotiation.
- Neutralise difficult negotiations and their tactics.
- Maintain control of your negotiation strategy.
- Build your confidence as a negotiator.
- Practice your negotiation skills.
- Apply the elements of successful negotiation.
- Systematically approach negotiation planning.
- Strategically build your positioning power.
- Close the deal.
By completing this Negotiation Skills course you will:
- Gain confidence in your ability to negotiate arrangements of all sizes.
- Be able to communicate effectively among your colleagues.
- Be goals-oriented about your negotiations, with clarity around approaches.
- Enjoy having a negotiation framework that supports your discussions.
- Receive a participant course training manual to take with you.
- Participant course training manual
- Access to Customer Development Advisors to discuss further study options - to book an appointment call 1800 633 560
- Convenient Hawthorn, Melbourne location
- New Live Online delivery allows you to do the course from anywhere in the country
- Live online delivery available in the following states and territories – Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Tasmania.
- Timetables, course brochures and further information.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Current Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the current quarter.
Quarterly Course Calendar Australia - Next Quarter
Timetables for this and all other short courses for the next quarter.
Short Course Overview - Negotiation Skills
Download this document as a quick outline of the short course that can be printed and presented to your employer.
Find out more
Make an enquiry
Make an enquiry
Training Organisation Identifier (TOID): 3059