To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours) students must complete 100 credit points comprising:
- 1 Research Methods unit (12.5 credit points)
- 1 Honours Seminar unit (12.5 credit points)
- Honours Research Project (50 credit points) *
- 2 approved advanced electives from the area of Computer Science and Software Engineering (a total of 25 credit points) **
* The Honours Research Project can either be taken as a 50 credit point unit in the second semester of the degree or split up into multiple units spread over both semesters with a combined total of 50 credit points. The student must undertake one research project which is common to all of the research project units. The project supervisor will also be common to all research project units.
** These units must be chosen in consultation the Course Coordinator and Project Supervisor and must be Level 3 or 4 units. It is recommended that the advanced electives chosen support the topic of the research project undertaken.
Students in this Course will be awarded merit based Honours according to Swinburne’s Academic Course Regulations. Honours merit calculation will be based on the averaged results of the all units undertaken in the Course.