To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Business (Professional), students must complete 375 - 400 credit points comprising of:
- 8 x Core units of study (100 credit points)
- 8 x units of study from a business discipline major in one of the following: Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance, Financial Planning, Human Resource Management, International Business, Information Systems, Management, Marketing, Sports Management (Swinburne Online) or Logistics and Supply Chain Management (100 credit points) OR 16 x units from the Accounting and Finance major, 16 x units from the Accounting and Financial Planning Professional Program major (200 credit points)
- 4 x units of study from the Professional Placement Co-major (100 credit points)
- 6 x units of other studies comprising a minor or electives (75 credit points)
Note: Students undertaking the Accounting and Finance major or the Accounting and Financial Planning Professional Program major will not need to undertake other studies.
Due to government regulations international students holding a student visa are not able to undertake the Accounting and Finance major or the Accounting and Financial Planning Professional Program major.
Note: If you wish to 'fast-track', two units of study may be taken in an alternative semester (Summer or Winter), or online, subject to unit availability.
Academic Progress – special requirements
In addition to the standard academic progress rules, this course has the following additional academic progress rules which are established in accordance with Academic Courses Regulation 62 (2):
1. A student is classified as 'at risk' of unsatisfactory progress if they:
(a) fail any unit of study
(b) Behave in a manner which breaches the Swinburne Student Charter whilst on a professional placement
(c) are unsuccessful in securing a Professional Placement two months before Week 1 of their final year of study
2. A student is classified as 'unsatisfactory progress' if they:
(a) Fail any unit of study in the next Progress Review period after being classified as being 'at risk'
(b) Fail a Professional Placement or Work Experience in Industry unit
(c) Have their professional placement terminated early by an industry partner. In the case of early termination of an industry placement by an industry partner, the student will be deemed as having 'unsatisfactory progress' and a progress review hearing may be convened within 2 weeks of the cessation of the placement.
(d) are unsuccessful in securing a Professional Placement two months before Week 1 of their final semester of study
Students who are identified as having unsatisfactory progress will be subject to the show cause provisions in the Progress Review section of the Academic Progress Policy.
Maximum Academic Credit
The maximum level of credit that can be granted for the Bachelor of Business (Professional) is 200 credit points (normally 16 units)