To qualify for the award of Bachelor of Business (Professional) students must complete 375 credit points comprising of:
- Eight  Core units of study (100 credit points)
- Eight  units of study from a business discipline major in one of the following: Accounting, Business Administration, Commercial Law, Economics, Entrepreneurship and Innovation, Finance, Human Resource Management, International Business, Information Systems, Management, Marketing, or Logistics and Supply Chain Management (100 credit points)
- Four (4) units of study from the Professional Placement Co-major (100 credit points)
- Six  units of study comprising a minor or electives (75 credit points)
Note: Two units of study will need to be taken in an alternative semester (Summer or Winter), online or though overload in order to complete in the standard 3.5 years.
Academic Progress – Special Requirements
In addition to the standard academic progress rules, this course has the following additional academic progress rules which are established in accordance with Academic Courses Regulation 62(2):
1. A student is classified as 'at risk' of unsatisfactory progress if they:
a. fail any unit of study
b. behave in a manner which breaches the Swinburne Student Charter whilst on a professional placement
2. A student is classified as 'unsatisfactory progress' if they:
a. fail any unit of study in the next Progress Review period after being classified as being 'at risk'
b. fail a Professional Placement or Work Experience in Industry unit
c. have their professional placement terminated early by an industry partner. In the case of early termination of an industry placement by an industry partner, the student will be deemed as having 'unsatisfactory progress' and a progress review hearing may be convened within 2 weeks of the cessation of the placement.
Students who are identified as having unsatisfactory progress will be subject to the show cause provisions in the Progress Review section of the Academic Progress Policy.