Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional)

with a major in Civil – Blended learning – on-campus and digital learning

BH-ENGPROF Degree including honours and work placement Hawthorn Send me a link to this course

Course rules

To complete the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Professional) students must complete

  • Core, Major and Other Studies in the selected Engineering discipline (375 credit points)
  • Professional Placement Co-major (100 credit points) *
  • Careers in the Curriculum (0 credit points)

Note: Two units of study will need to be taken in an alternative semester (Summer or Winter), online or through overload in order to complete in the suggested 4.5 years. 

* 25 of the 100 credit points will be credited towards ‘Other studies’.

Academic Progress – Special Requirements
In addition to the standard academic progress rules, this course has the following additional academic progress rules which are established in accordance with Academic Courses Regulation 62(2):

1. A student is classified as 'at risk' of unsatisfactory progress if they:
a. fail any unit of study
b. behave in a manner which breaches the Swinburne Student Charter whilst on a professional placement
c. are unsuccessful in securing a Professional Placement after four interview/selection process attempts.

2. A student is classified as 'unsatisfactory progress' if they:
a. fail any unit of study in the next Progress Review period after being classified as being 'at risk'
b. fail a Professional Placement or Work Experience in Industry unit
c. have their professional placement terminated early by an industry partner. In the case of early termination of an industry placement by an industry partner, the student will be deemed as having 'unsatisfactory progress' and a progress review hearing may be convened within 2 weeks of the cessation of the placement
d. are unsuccessful in securing a Professional Placement after six interview/selection process attempts, or after completing all but the final 50 credit points of their course, whichever occurs first. Students in this situation may be invited to transfer to an alternative undergraduate course.

Students who are identified as having unsatisfactory progress will be subject to the show cause provisions in the Progress Review section of the Academic Progress Policy.