The Bachelor of Business Information Technology (Professional) is a prestigious industry degree. You’ll benefit from Swinburne’s exclusive industry partnerships to gain unique industry experiences and build important professional connections that will help fast-track your career.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the impact of technology on business innovation i.e. technology infrastructure, enterprise systems, risk and security, systems analysis and design, problem solving and project management.
- Develop technical skills in the analysis, design, programming and implementation of IT systems.
- Develop the management skills necessary to apply information technology in order to drive business innovation.
- Gain an understanding of professional organisational environments and develop strategic leadership skills.
Work Integrated Learning is a guaranteed part of all our bachelor degrees. Developed with the IT industry, this Professional Degree sees you work directly with Swinburne’s industry partners as you undertake two six-month or one twelve-month work placement in your field.
In your final year, in the Business Information Systems Industry Project (INF30027), you’ll team up with other students to work on a real project briefed to you by an industry partner.
Industry partners involved in the design of this course, and the professional development of its students include: Reece, KPMG, PwC, NAB, Unico, Deloitte, Compass, EY, Bakers Delight, Melbourne Water, Siemens, Viva Energy, DXC, and Praxhub.
The Bachelor of Information Technology was launched in 1987 as part of a national pilot program initiated by the Business Council of Australia. It remains one of Australia’s most prestigious IT degrees due to the quality of curriculum, learning experience, industry connections and alumni.
Finalise your VTAC preferences
Get confident in your preferences with our Change of Preference Expo, campus and accommodation tours, one-on-one appointments, advice from real students and more. Show me
Professionally accredited by
- Semester 1 - 28 February 2022
- Semester 2 - 1 August 2022
4 years full-time
- 3400234311 (CSP)
Two times a year the students from the Bachelor of Business Info Tech and Bachelor of Accounting and Business Info Tech participate in networking events with our industry sponsor. It’s a great way to build up communication skills and make connections with potential employers.
Bachelor of Business Information Technology (Professional)