The Bachelor of Accounting and Business Information Technology (Professional) is a prestigious industry degree highly integrated with the real world to maximise your employment outcomes.
In this practical and hands-on course, you will:
- Explore how people, information, computers, networks and processes come together to create cohesive business solutions.
- Learn how to use accounting systems to record and analyse business activities, prepare financial statements and management reports, and employ financial statements to guide investment decisions.
- Understand how to use information from financial accounting systems to develop operating strategies and evaluate business performance.
- Gain skills in designing, building, and implementing software solutions, analysing existing systems, and recommending solutions to address the information needs of organisations.
Work Integrated Learning is a guaranteed part of all our bachelor degrees. In this Professional Degree you'll undertake two six-month or one twelve-month work placement in your field.
In your final year, in the Business Information Systems Industry Project (INF30027), you’ll team up with other students to work on a real project briefed to you by an industry partner.
Leading Australian organisations are involved in the design of this course and in the professional development our students. Industry partners include Deloitte, EY, NAB, PwC, Pitcher Partners, Siemens, Unico, and Viva Energy.
Fast-track option: you may choose to complete this four-year degree in just three years.
Want real-time, personalised advice that's free and quick?
Our Swinburne course experts are on-hand and ready to chat through everything from course selection to applying to VTAC preferences. Book now.
Professionally accredited by
- Semester 1 - 28 February 2022
4 years full-time
- 3400210481 (CSP)
Here are some of the things I’ve done: work with accounting software to financially manage a company of 250 people, work on a project to help internal employees map their career development and apply my knowledge on databases and data visualisation (gained at Swinburne) to produce reports for the C-suite of a company with over 1000 employees.
Bachelor of Accounting and Business Information Technology (Professional) - 6-month placements at Viva Energy and Unico Computer Systems
Swinburne business degrees are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International. The alumni of AACSB accredited business schools are among the world’s most influential leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs impacting business, government, and non-profit sectors. Only five per cent of business schools worldwide are AACSB accredited.
At Swinburne scholarships are about providing opportunity, promoting equity and recognising excellence and achievement. Scholarships are available for both commencing and current students.