Successful completion of the program can lead to a wide range of career opportunities, including corporate finance, treasury management, banking, investment banking, financial planning and funds management.
The Master of Finance and Banking (Professional) is designed for individuals interested in attaining specialised professional knowledge of finance and banking. Students will learn to apply advanced finance and banking knowledge and research skills to undertake rewarding careers in the financial services and banking industry.
The Master of Finance and Banking (Professional) incorporates units on individual career development and leadership skills including two units of industry project in finance/banking. This pathway is geared for students wanting to gain a hands-on work experience through completion of a project or deliverable for an industry partner/client.
This course will provide pathways for membership and programs of Financial Planning Association (FPA), Finance and Treasury Association (FTA) and Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA). This course also provides for further learning to pursue global professional credentials such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) program and charter.
At completion of the Master of Finance and Banking (Professional), graduates will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of finance and banking concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking.
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence.
3. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use advanced tools and practices of finance and banking within project work.
4. Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and a deep awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context.
5. Apply finance and banking fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate finance and banking methods and tools, applied in a variety of contexts.
6. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning.