At the completion of the Master of Engineering (Electrical and Electronic), graduates should be able to:
1. Demonstrate high-level advanced knowledge and skills in electrical engineering practice related to design, construction, operation and maintenance of buildings and civil infrastructure
2. Plan and execute an independent research project in a relevant electrical and electronic engineering topic by applying appropriate research principles, sound methods and technical research skills
3. Reflect in managing practical issues / complex problems and describing / developing contemporary and sustainable electrical and electronic engineering trends and best practices related to design, construction, operation and maintenance of buildings and civil infrastructure
4. Investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, perceptions, problems, concepts and theories of electrical and electronic engineering to provide rational solutions to composite problems using critical thinking and team-based / independent judgement in the project-based construction industry
5. Demonstrate clear and coherent communication skills to articulate complex knowledge and justify propositions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences; including clients, customers, multi-disciplinary / multi-cultural project teams and stakeholders
6. Demonstrate a high level of autonomy, accountability, credibility, ethics, and responsibility for all personal work outputs.
At completion of the Master of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, graduates should be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of entrepreneurship and innovation concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision-making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
3. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use advanced tools and practices of entrepreneurship within project work
4. Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and a deep awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
5. Apply entrepreneurship fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate entrepreneurship and innovation methods and tools, applied in a variety of contexts
6. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning
7. Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence as preparation for research higher degrees.