Successful completion of this program can improve prospects of employment, enhance your current job performance, aid promotion towards middle or senior management and increase your ability to meet new opportunities.
The program should enhance your capabilities for working within technical, operational or line management roles while increasing your value contribution to an organisation.
The Master of Business Management (Professional) addresses the needs of graduates from a range of disciplines who are seeking to increase their professional value through acquiring both an understanding of global, national and local pressures on business and a capability to respond professionally and effectively to those pressures.
It provides students with concepts, frameworks, analytical, problem solving and research skills to enable them to operate confidently and effectively in a global environment characterised by constant change and requiring flexible and innovative responses at a professional level.
Students apply unit content to develop dynamic and strategic responses to complex internal and external challenges facing organisations from the perspective of strategic decision making, strategic finance, contemporary marketing challenges and managing complex alliances across the public and private sector. Successful completion of this program can improve prospects of employment, enhance your current job performance, aid promotion towards middle or senior management and increase your ability to meet new opportunities.
This postgraduate program provides a unique opportunity for students to gain specialised knowledge through coursework, and designated project work. The professional industry-linked component provides students with the opportunity to gain awareness, experience, and links to industry, whilst enabling them to apply their knowledge, techniques and skills to solve industry related problems.
At completion of the Master of Business Management (Professional), graduates will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge to a range of management disciplines in a cross-disciplinary approach to holistic and problem-oriented business issues paying particular attention to mitigating risk.
2. Apply knowledge of research principles to identify, critique and synthesise complex information and apply it to problem solving and decision-making exercises as an individual and as a team member.
3. Demonstrate an ability to apply business research methods to identify and address managerial dilemmas through multidisciplinary approaches to business and management problems.
4. Manage paradox and tensions in applying course content to dynamic business issues in fast changing and uncertain environments.
5. Develop an advanced knowledge of business and stakeholder management challenges and skills associated with the current complex business environment from a commercial, environmental, and people and culture sustainability perspective.
6. Reflect on the impact of self (from the perspective of personality and learning style) on stakeholder engagement, teamwork processes and outcomes on leadership style and strategies.
7. Develop the critical and research skills necessary to prepare students for successful further postgraduate study and the transfer of learning to the workplaces.