Students’ career opportunities are enhanced by improving their leadership and management capabilities, and learning to operate effectively in a changing, complex and turbulent environment.
This Master of Business Administration (MBA) course focuses on leadership and change, strategic thinking, innovation and entrepreneurship, finance and ethical practices and social responsibility to equip graduates for career satisfaction and success.
The course has a strong focus on solutions to business scenarios and is designed to equip students with the capacity to start new ventures or initiate organisational improvements successfully and to assist students to transition into higher executive management roles with a focus on achieving innovation and business success.
At completion of the Master of Business Administration, graduates will be able to:
1. Apply coherent and advanced knowledge of business concepts in diverse contexts and applications using critical thinking
2. Apply problem solving, design and decision making methodologies to identify and provide innovative solutions to complex problems with intellectual independence
3. Communicate proficiently in professional practice to a variety of audiences, function as an effective member or leader of a diverse team, and use advanced tools and practices of business within project work
4. Demonstrate professionalism, integrity, ethical conduct, professional accountability and a deep awareness of professional practices in a global and sustainable context
5. Apply business fundamentals to the analysis, design and operation of a business model using appropriate business methods and tools, applied in a variety of contexts
6. Apply knowledge of research principles and methods to plan and execute a piece of research with some independence as preparation for research higher degrees
7. Reflect on and take responsibility for their own learning and self-management processes, and manage their own time and processes effectively by regularly reviewing performance as a means of managing continuing professional development and lifelong learning
The Swinburne graduate attributes signify that Swinburne intends that its teaching programs assist all its graduates to be:
- Capable in their chosen professional, vocational or study areas and an ability to engage in critical enquiry
- Entrepreneurial in contributing to innovation and development within their business, workplace or community
- Effective and ethical in work, community situations and reasoning skills
- Adaptable and able to manage change, and
- Aware of local and international environments in which they will be contributing (e.g. socio-cultural, economic, natural)